It’s been a busy couple of weeks at school. End of semester, final exams, last minute makeup work to grade, then the start of a new semester and a whole crop of new students. I’m starting my check-in this way because all of this may actually be why I’m not feeling a lot of focus around my goals even while I’m getting some things done. My perceptions may be skewed at the moment.
These were last week’s goals and what got done:
- Write and publish a blog post for MuseCraft–DONE
- Write at least the bare bones of a second post–STARTED
- Spend at least 15 minutes working on the web page for the new offering I want to put up–NOT DONE
- Do writing practice at least twice–NOT DONE
- Find three recipes to make and freeze next weekend for future meals–NOT DONE (although I did get a giant box of frozen meatballs to use for easy dishes and made a list of dishes to use them in)
- Get my embroidery project stuff reorganized so I can get back to that and eventually finish it.–STARTED
So, things done. Things not done. But I’m feeling like it’s all been in the background of doing all the things I need to do every day. I don’t actually know if this is a problem. It feels a little bit like a problem. I think I want a shining light that I’m aiming for. Instead, I’m just moving along, but I don’t see anything I’m heading toward. Anyhow, these are things to think about. Meanwhile, I’ll keep moving.
For the coming week, some more pointed goals (experimenting here):
- Write another MC blog post
- Share the post more than once
- Share older posts at least twice
- Rearrange my couch working area and put a notebook for blog post notes in easy reach
- Do writing practice about what I want to aim for
- Set up a work pouch for the embroidery project
I like the feel of this list. I’m looking forward to seeing how it feels as I work through it. Hope we all have a great week!