This week I’m feeling surrounded by myth, and I wanted to share. Here’s what I encountered:
- A fabulous book by a new-to-me author: The Wolf at the End of the World by Douglas Smith. It’s a thriller, an urban fantasy, and definitely mythic fiction.
- A brand new TV series: NBC’s Dracula starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Very lovely sets and clothes, and some really interesting twists and additions to the original story. I enjoyed it but am not entirely certain how I feel about the changes. I’ll have to watch a few more episodes, I guess.
- The Lost Boys on TV. This is still one of my favorite vampire movies, and there’s always something special about running across a favorite movie randomly on television.
- A brand new story, roughly plotted and ready to write for NaNoWriMo. There’s an ancient family curse, mysterious ghostly creatures in the woods, an abandoned mansion…all the classic yummy horror story stuff.
- And of course, in a couple of days, Halloween. My favorite holiday, filled with all the spooky stuff I love so much.
So what’s your week in myth looking like?