This week I’m feeling surrounded by myth, and I wanted to share. Â Here’s what I encountered:
- A fabulous book by a new-to-me author: The Wolf at the End of the World by Douglas Smith. Â It’s a thriller, an urban fantasy, and definitely mythic fiction.
- A brand new TV series: NBC’s Dracula starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Â Very lovely sets and clothes, and some really interesting twists and additions to the original story. Â I enjoyed it but am not entirely certain how I feel about the changes. Â I’ll have to watch a few more episodes, I guess.
- The Lost Boys on TV. Â This is still one of my favorite vampire movies, and there’s always something special about running across a favorite movie randomly on television.
- A brand new story, roughly plotted and ready to write for NaNoWriMo. Â There’s an ancient family curse, mysterious ghostly creatures in the woods, an abandoned mansion…all the classic yummy horror story stuff.
- And of course, in a couple of days, Halloween. Â My favorite holiday, filled with all the spooky stuff I love so much.
So what’s your week in myth looking like?