I got busy (again) and fell away from ROW80 (again). Â But I’m back (again).
In the Round 3 goals-setting post (linked above), Kait made some great points about habitsÂ that help and habitsÂ that hinder. Â I looked at my own habits and can clearly see where I stumble every time:
- I procrastinate and do my writing and my blog posts at the last minute
- I’m inconsistent in how often I write
- I don’t make plans for when and what I’m going to write to help counteract the previous two bad habits
Things that generally help me get my writing on track:
- Setting smaller goals that focus on frequency of writing rather than word count (unless it’s NaNoWriMo, then that flies out the door)
- Scheduling when I’m going to write (loosely, like “Thursday afternoon before leaving work)
With all of that in mind, here are my goals for this round:
- Write fiction three days a week
- Post at least one ROW80 check-in weekly
- Comment on at least five ROW80 blogs each week
That’s it. Â I want to write regularly, and I want to get back to being active in the community. Â These are simple and straightforward and should get me what I’m after.
How about you? Â What are you writing? Â Are you doing ROW80? Â Let me know what’s going in your writing life so we can encourage each other.