I got busy (again) and fell away from ROW80 (again). But I’m back (again).
In the Round 3 goals-setting post (linked above), Kait made some great points about habits that help and habits that hinder. I looked at my own habits and can clearly see where I stumble every time:
- I procrastinate and do my writing and my blog posts at the last minute
- I’m inconsistent in how often I write
- I don’t make plans for when and what I’m going to write to help counteract the previous two bad habits
Things that generally help me get my writing on track:
- Setting smaller goals that focus on frequency of writing rather than word count (unless it’s NaNoWriMo, then that flies out the door)
- Scheduling when I’m going to write (loosely, like “Thursday afternoon before leaving work)
With all of that in mind, here are my goals for this round:
- Write fiction three days a week
- Post at least one ROW80 check-in weekly
- Comment on at least five ROW80 blogs each week
That’s it. I want to write regularly, and I want to get back to being active in the community. These are simple and straightforward and should get me what I’m after.
How about you? What are you writing? Are you doing ROW80? Let me know what’s going in your writing life so we can encourage each other.